ezSearch provides the ability to search for contracts based on free text. All contracts searched are in Final status. Any DoD contract that is less than 90 days old will not be included in the search.
1. To begin your ezSearch type in one or more keywords that will be searched for in the contracts that you would like to find.
2. Click on the button. A list of contracts will be displayed that matches your search criteria in the Results page section. To remove your search criteria text, click the button.
3. You can refine your search by using the four filter boxes on the left side of the screen. You can drill down by Department, Agency, Vendor and Vendor State. The information in each filter box is displayed in descending order. Only the top 10 results will be displayed. The user can further drill down on a Department or Vendor State.
Click on the appropriate link in each filter box. Your results will be displayed in the Results Page section.
To further refine your search you can click on any of the links within the list of documents to drill down . For example by clicking on the PSC Code your search results will only contain those documents with the specific PSC Code. The Search Criteria box will be updated to reflect the new search.
To remove specific search criteria click on the remove icon next to the search criteria you would like to delete from your search. The search will then recompute based on the search criteria that remains.
The Search Criteria box located in the top right corner of the screen displays your current search criteria.. To remove the criteria or a portion of the search criteria click the button next to each search level.
The Sort By box allows the user to sort the existing list of contracts by various fields within the contract. For example you can sort the existing list of contracts by Date Signed or Contract Type. Click on the appropriate field to Sort By. Only one Sort can be conducted at a time.
The Recent Searches box maintains a list of recent searches that were performed. Click on the desired search criteria link to conduct the search. FPDS-NG maintains the list of searches until the clear link is selected. When you click on 'Clear' all searches are removed.
Clicking on the links inside the documents allows you to further refine your search and drill down to specific information. For example by clicking on a specific PSC Code you will only see contracts for that PSC Code.
To conduct an Advanced Search
1. Click on the Advanced Search button
2. You can select to conduct a search from an existing search or you can choose to conduct a new search.
3. Click on the Add button. Click in the dropdown box and make a selection. When making a selection from the drop down list of field names you may access the data dictionary which will provide you with a description of acceptable values to enter in the search criteria Like box. Use this link to access the data dictionary https://www.fpds.gov/downloads/FPDSNG_DataDictionary.pdf to view the field descriptions.
4. Enter a value in the Like box.
5. Click on
If you have the approval authority, click . If not, notify the approving official that the form is ready for approval.