Welcome to Federal Procurement Data System Next Generation (FPDS-NG). Here you will find access to FPDS-NG data that provides details on the procurement activities of more than 60 federal departments. Use the information below to guide you through using the reporting features in FPDS-NG. Be sure to read the Successful Search Techniques section below prior to using the system.
FPDS-NG offers access to reported procurement information via four different methods:
Standard Reports provide access to approximately 50 Federal Government reports. These reports allow you to enter specific search criteria to narrow and customize the results returned on a report. In the Standard Reports section, additional help information is provided to help you pick the most pertinent report.
Following are examples of Standard Reports that can be accessed from the available categories:
· Federal Contract Actions and Dollars
· Bundled and Consolidated Contracts Report
· Small Business Reports
The advanced search feature provides the ability to locate and retrieve reported documents quickly and efficiently in FPDS-NG.
If you are interested in retrieving information such as:
· Detailed information on a specific contract
· Vendor-specific data
· Contract awarded to particular NAICS and PSC codes
Published Reports are static reports that have been prepared on a fiscal year basis for the public and aggregate data across the Federal Government. These reports are available for download.
If you are interested in the:
· Federal Procurement Report
· Small Business Report
· Top 100 Contractors Report
Then access these reports by clicking the Reports link from the FPDS-NG home page.
The Ad Hoc Reports feature offers the ability to select individual fields from the FPDS-NG database to run a query. Please note that the ideal users of the Ad Hoc Reports feature have both knowledge of the FPDS-NG data fields and understand how to use an advanced reporting tool.
If you are interested in:
· Asking a business question of the FPDS-NG database
· Designing and customizing your own report, with regards to both the information and the format
Learn more about using the Ad Hoc Reports feature. Start by downloading the Ad Hoc Training Manual.
To get started using the reports, access additional help topics by clicking here.
The FPDS-NG system offers three features that can assist you in your search.
1) Wildcard: A wildcard is a character that can be used in a search to represent one or more characters. In FPDS-NG, % is the wildcard character. For instance, entering COM% in the search field will return anything starting with COM, such as COMpany, COMplete, COMmunication, and COMmunications. Entering COMM% will eliminate COMpany and COMplete from the search returns. Entering %COM% will return anything with COM contained within the word, such as dataCOMmunication.
2) Ellipsis: When more choices or search options are available, you will see the ellipsis look-up feature . Simply click on that button to open a new screen with additional information/options. You can also combine the Wildcard and Ellipsis features to narrow your search by typing partial information in the field and then selecting the ellipsis feature.
3) Preview and Appendix: In the Add Reports tab, you will see a magnifying glass icon next to each report name. This is the preview feature. Click on that icon to see a preview of the report. At the bottom of each preview is an Appendix which provides detailed information about the contents of the report.
For more information on FPDS-NG and how to begin using the FPDS-NG reports, download our training overview materials located here. To manage your user profile, use the Change Info section on the main menu page. If you have other questions, contact us at the FSD Help Desk at www.fsd.gov or 866-606-8220.